Monday, November 24, 2008

Need a shoulder to cry on? Sorry, no can-do

My shoulder has been becoming more and more sublux and I eventually caved and went to my doctor, just to be sure it's not gona cause any problems.  Well, the answer is "Yes"...  If I were to leave it as is, it's gona chew up the cartlidge, bit by bit.

The doctor was not at all impressed with what I showed him and made an appointment for an X-Ray & Sonar tomorrow...

The trouble with my shoulder is:

-  My right arm now hangs flush against my body but my left arm still hangs outwards.
-  I can only lift my right arm 25-30 degrees when my arm is extended.
-  My arm drops/pops while held up in a bent position.
-  I can partially pop my shoulder on demand (Not a good idea as it obviously eat's cartlidge for breakfeast).
-  I can lift my right shoulder-blade without moving my shoulder.

Best case scenario, I end up with my arm in a sling for a couple of weeks and some physio...

Wors case scenario, they have to opperate which carries a 6 month recovery period.

I am not even looking forward to having my arm unuseable for a couple of weeks, let alone 6 months...

Wishfull thinking ... it just turns out to be nothing more than a sprain...  I hope...

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you are looking at a surgery. And even sorrier about the extended recovery time. I don't suppose you can get your hands on some sort of speech recognition software before facing the knife so you can still blog and program and whatall?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you could look at it as an opportunity to practise typing with your left hand. If you're anything like me, it could probably do with improving!

    Sorry - I think that I may be being facetious. It happens quite a lot. Good luck with it being something minor - I shall keep my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Guys.

    Well, at this point, it's not all bad ... will write a post as to the situation ;D

    Abi: Good point, facetious or not ;D It's usually the facetious comments that work out to be the best advice.

    Yanub: Have been looking at stuff to make my life easier. There is a nice hands-free mouse solution I want to save up for. As for speech-recognition ... that is an option but will only work at home and not in the office environment ;P

    ReplyDelete