Monday, November 3, 2008

Timber!!!...Trees keep on falling on my head...Knocking things out of my memory...

Ok, so not on my head...but when you are a sleep, it feels like it.

This weekend, I am sound asleep ... for a change ... when the wind decides to pick up.  At first, it just gusts a little, screaming around corners, making treas creak and then, out of nowhere, it gives a massive heave of a gust...  Next thing you know, I hear a "Creak...SLAM! and then a Clang!, Clang!, Clang!".  The dogs are going crazy inside the house ... the rotweiler/lab decided the weather was too nasty for her to be sleeping outside so we were forced to let them sleep inside ...  The blind lab elsation is running around scared , bumping into everything disorientated as heck.  I get outside and wouldn't you know it... one of the trees decided to go roots up and the garden shed's roof is loose and one of the pieces wants to lift off.

Now, the rotty/lab is ecstatitic as the tree that fell over, is the favorite roosting place for the neighberhood cats so she is crashing through the branches, looking for that elusive "ghost cat" ...  She has a tendency to keep on barking at the tree looong after the cat is gone ...  while poor blind one, is walking around tenderly as if though she has socks on ... have you ever seen a dog with socks on?  It's too adorable for words ... as she doesn't have a clue where all the obstacles are.

It toke us some time, to get the two settled down again as lab/rotty wants to be outside and lab/elsation doesn't know which way is up and which way is down.  Eventually, we get both in the house but now the confusion is getting the better of blind one...  She keeps on getting into lab/rotties doggy bed ... big mistake ... and she can't understand why we keep on chasing her out of it.  Lab/rotty is standing with her usual "army brush cut" on her back-side and we know that if we don't get the chaos sorted soon, world war III is going to ensue.

Well, finally with both tucked into their OWN individual doggy bed, off to sleep I go...not.  I tossed and turned for the rest of the night...

This weather has more than our dogs turned inside out.  If the unbearable heat isn't causing me sleepless, tossing & turning nights or sweaty days (I never sweat!), my body is busy telling me of an incomming weather front.  Sometimes two days before rain hits, I know it.  My left wrist especially, burns like someone left a lit cigarette underneath my skin, my knees ache with every step, my chest feels like an elephant sat on it ... need I say more?  

This morning, wether it is due to all the weather predictions or what, I don't know ... but all my joints has turned to jello.  I feel like a limp noodle.  My knees constantly buckle and my shoulders...  As I was lying in bed, I lifted my arm, to stretch and it fell straight down!  I think I sublaxed it to a point where the joint didn't want to function any more.  It's not like when your arm is numb...  It's weird...  

The one moment your brain is telling your arm muscle to lift up.  The next moment, your arm is lying next to you and your brain and arm muscle is having a row over the fact that the arm muscle is not doing what it's told but as far as the arm muscle is concerned, it's done every thing to the letter ...  This is happening more and more as of late.  At the office, I realised I need to avoid opening doors with my right hand, due to the fact that as soon as my shoulder goes beyond a certain point, "Pop goes the wheezle" ... or shoulder for that matter ...  It's not as bad as it sounds, as it's just "sublaxing" and not totally dislocating ... just very, very annoying and I have to rotate my shoulder outwards to get it to "pop back".

Other than mr body not wanting to play along this morning, I am having brain fog again...  I get these spells where I can't remember a thing.  I can't remember what the heck I am supposed to do at work today...  This happens more often than what I'd like to admit and sometimes, even in a matter of 10 min's.  I know that everyone forgets things from time to time, but sometimes, this becomes just plain rediculous.  There has been wonderings and murmerings in the past between my self and my mom about ADD/ADHD but heck, I am not up to going to ten different doctors and a whole heap of med-bills just to get the same old answer of "Shrug shoulders" ... "I don't know".  It does scare me at times as I would go into a "Trance" or "Auto-Pilot" on the way home and totally miss my off-ramp ...

As for my Med-Aid membership...  My dad did some investigating and the bills are all paid up in full, so now, I am trying to get a hold of these guys to see just why my membership is suspended.  Easier said than done tho...  Getting pretty annoyed with "Greensleeves" at this point...used to be my favorite as it was the first song I realised I could play without even "thinking" about it.

Any way...back to work...  Sometimes it does help to leave a bug in your code.  Helps to track down what you were doing when your mind draws a blank...

No comments:

Post a Comment