Friday, November 14, 2008

Good things come to thos who wait...

Initially when I started the blog, I mentioned something about a new job offer in the making...

Well, this morning, I signed a 4 month evaluation contract!  Yay!  It toke them long enough to get to this point but I think they were stalling so I would start in Jan, rather then Dec.  But I am sooo relieved!  Yay! Yay! and double Yay! or is that triple Yay?  Heck, counting the initial Yay it could allready be the 4th...and then again, I have just said Yay again a couple of more times...hmmm...  suffice it to say Yay!

The current position is just becoming too much for me to handle with a straight face and with a cool composure.  I am a perfectionist in a weird way...  When it comes to coding, I don't like making compromises, doing guess work or having to remember every single place that code was duplicated due to lazy/bad/poor programming, planning and documentation.  What's more, is I don't like the mentallity that some software houses tend to have, but I don't want to go into that, lest I jinx my self and the next company turns out to be just as bad/rotten.

I am not going to be running around looking for the impossible "perfect" job, but there is a lot of things I just won't comprimise on and I want to get as close to "happy" in a job as I can get...  After all, even tho I feel old as heck, I have to work at the company for as long as I am able to and I am still young.  Getting home miserable, irretated and annoyed by bad bussiness policies and poor standards, is not my idea of living.  We spend so much time at work and I feel a strong urge to be able to say that I take pride in my work and my code... and not that I feel proud about swindling some poor sap out of his hard-earned cash by selling him substandard products.

Now the only hangup is breaking the bad news to my current boss.  I don't have anything against the Company or the people that work there...just the way that they work.

At any rate, this is me saying YAY!  With a somewhat more upbeat post for a change... go figure!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Drake! May your new employer offer everything you have wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!

    GL with the new position. As a former troubleshooter, I have a lot of time for coders who hate sloppiness.

    OSM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys :D

    Now I just have to survive the last Month/half hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Best of luck in the new job & in surviving the rest of time at the old job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, I am glad that you have this great news. That last week at the hated job always seems to be like a dream - floating away! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete